Make a long tapestry wall hanging in this beginner class.
- This class is made up of one 4 hour class for set up and one 5 hour class for weaving
Two 3 hour sessions where the loom is pre-setup and ready for weaving
- The option to learn loom setup includes everything from warping to tie up.
- Students will learn the basics of setting up their loom for tapestry, a variety of weaving techniques that create dimension and texture, and finishing techniques to complete their wall hanging.
- Students will leave with a wall hanging piece that is 6” wide by 20" long.
- Students will be provided with a sturdy cotton yarn in a neutral cream colour for the warp.
- Students will have to bring a variety of fibres and yarns to weave with.
Instructor: Johana Cordero
Prerequisite: None, this is a beginner weaving class and requires no previous experience.
*If you do not finish your weaving within the class time, you can book extra weaving hours for 25$/h.
This class is a 2 day workshop
Contact us for availability of dates and times as they are flexible
**You can also pay by e-transfer (email@example.com) or cash at the studio a week before the scheduled class.
Students will receive a confirmation email a week before class. Please read our cancelation policy for details.