Make a tapestry hanging in this intermediate class.
- This class is made of a 3 hour class to weave and a 2 hour class to finish the project.
- In this class you will use the basics you learned in our intro tapestry class to create unique geometrical figures.
- Students will learn a variety of techniques to illustrate imagery and weave shapes with texture and pattern.
- Students will be able to rent their looms to take home* to finish their projects for the second class the following week. You will have a finished wall hanging piece of 8" wide and 14" long.
- Students will be supplied with warp yarn only.
- Students will have to bring a variety of yarns and fibres to weave their project.
(Note, if you are interested in taking our natural dyes class, it is recommended you weave with only natural non coloured fibres, otherwise you may choose whichever yarns you want to weave with.)
Instructor: Johana Cordero
Prerequisite: Tapestry I is a requirement for this class as more advance techniques are used.
*to take your loom home a 25$ rental fee will be charged or you may buy your loom for 60$ +(HST)
This class is a 2 day workshop
Contact us for availability of dates and times as they are flexible
**You can also pay by e-transfer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or cash at the studio a week before the scheduled class.
Students will receive a confirmation email a week before class. Please read our cancelation policy for details.