Make a fun and textural wall hanging in this beginner class.
- This class is made up of one 4 hour class for set up and one 5 hour class for weaving
Two 3 hour sessions where the loom is pre-setup and ready for weaving
- The option to learn loom setup includes everything from warping to tie up.
- Students will learn the basics of plain weave, a variation of twills, drawing with yarn, inlay, and textural techniques, as well as a variety of finishing techniques for their wall hanging.
- Students will leave with a wall hanging piece that is 7” wide by 22" long. (for custom sizes please email us)
- Students will be provided with 4/8 cotton yarn in a neutral cream colour for the warp.
- Students will have to bring a variety of fibres and yarns to weave with.
(Note, if you will be taking the follow up class of natural dyes, it is recommended you weave with only natural non coloured fibres, if you are taking your project home you may choose whichever yarns you want to weave with.)
Instructor: Johana Cordero
Prerequisite: None, this is a beginner weaving class and requires no previous experience.
*If you do not finish your weaving within the class time, you can book extra weaving hours for 25$/h.
This class is a 2 day workshop
Contact us for availability of dates and times as they are flexible
**You can also pay by e-transfer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or cash at the studio a week before the scheduled class.
Students will receive a confirmation email a week before class. Please read our cancelation policy for details.