Make a recycled woven Rag Rug, Table Runner or Pillows in this beginner class.
- This class is made up of two 4 hour sessions including setup and weaving
Two 3 hour sessions where the loom is pre-setup and ready for weaving
- The option to learn loom setup includes everything from warping to tie up.
- Students will learn the basics of plain weave, as well as finishing techniques for project.
- Students will be provided with 4/8 cotton yarn in a neutral cream colour for the warp.
- Students will have to bring old clothing or linens to weave their project.
(Typically for a small rug, a twin size bed sheet is enough, it is recommended that you bring one to use as filler and bring other small cloth items with colour and pattern to add interest to your rug. Cloth can be cut into strips of 1/2"-1")
- The students will leave with a small rag rug that is 25" W x 36" L
- Table Runner 12" W x 36" L
- Pillows 16" W x 16" L (x2)
Instructor: Johana Cordero
Prerequisite: None, this is a beginner weaving class and requires no previous experience.
*If you do not finish your weaving within the class time, you can book extra weaving hours for 25$/h.
This class is a 2 day workshop
Contact us for availability of dates and times as they are flexible
**You can also pay by e-transfer (email@example.com) or cash at the studio a week before the scheduled class.
Students will receive a confirmation email a week before class. Please read our cancelation policy for details.