Make a recycled woven Rag Rug, Table Runner or Place mats in this intermidiate class.
- This class is made up of two 4 hour sessions including setup and weaving
Two 3 hour sessions where the loom is pre-setup and ready for weaving
- The option to learn loom setup includes everything from warping to tie up.
- Students will weave with white, cream or light grey cloth using coloured yarns in their warp to make the patterns pop. They will learn how to set up a variation of complex twills to give their rugs texture and pattern, as well as finishing techniques for project.
- Students will be provided with 4/8 cotton yarn in a variety of colours.
- Students will have to bring light tones of old clothing or linens to weave their project.
(Typically for a small rug, a twin size bed sheet is enough, it is recommended that you bring one to use as filler and bring other small cloth items with colour and pattern to add interest to your rug. Cloth can be cut into strips of 1/2"-1")
- The students will leave with a small rag rug that is 25" W x 36" L
- Table Runner 12" W x 36" L
- Place mats 12" W x 16" L
Instructor: Johana Cordero
Prerequisite: Some weaving experience is recommended if you chose to learn how to set up as this class will explore complex pattern set up and weaving.
*If you do not finish your weaving within the class time, you can book extra weaving hours for 25$/h.
This class is a 2 day workshop
Contact us for availability of dates and times as they are flexible
**You can also pay by e-transfer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or cash at the studio a week before the scheduled class.
Students will receive a confirmation email a week before class. Please read our cancelation policy for details.