Make a recycled woven Rag Rug, Table Runner or Pillows in this intermediate class.
- This class is made up of one 5 hour class for set up and one 6 hour class for weaving
Two 4 hour sessions where the loom is pre-setup and ready for weaving
- The option to learn loom setup includes everything from warping to tie up.
- Students will weave with white, cream or light grey cloth using coloured yarns in their warp to make the patterns pop. They will learn how to set up a variation of complex twills to give their rugs texture and pattern, as well as finishing techniques for project.
- Students will be provided with 4/8 cotton yarn in a variety of colours.
- Students will have to bring light tones of old clothing or linens to weave their project.
(Typically for a medium rug, a queen size bed sheet is enough. Cloth can be cut into strips of 1/2"-1")
- The students will leave with a medium size rag rug that is 32” W x 50" L
Instructor: Johana Cordero
Prerequisite: Some weaving experience is recommended if you chose to learn how to set up as this class will explore complex pattern set up and weaving.
*If you do not finish your weaving within the class time, you can book extra weaving hours for 25$/h.
This class is a 2 day workshop
Contact us for availability of dates and times as they are flexible
**You can also pay by e-transfer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or cash at the studio a week before the scheduled class.
Students will receive a confirmation email a week before class. Please read our cancelation policy for details.