Make a beautiful traditional tapestry pillows in this beginner class.
- This class is made up of one 4 hour class for set up and one 5 hour class for weaving
Two 3 hour sessions where the loom is pre-setup and ready for weaving
- The option to learn loom setup includes everything from warping to tie up.
- Students will learn the basics of plain weave, a variation of twills, as well as a variety of finishing techniques for their pillow.
- The option to learn how to sew it as well in the class is available in the drop down menu.
After the weaving class we will have an hour to sew the pillows. You will have to bring the backing fabric of your choice.
- Students will leave with two small pillows of 12” x 12”. (for custom sizes please email us)
- Students will be provided with 4/8 cotton yarn in a neutral cream colour for the warp.
- Students may bring their own selection of 4/8 cotton or pay an extra material fee in class of 40$ and choose from a small selections of colours.
Instructor: Johana Cordero
Prerequisite: None, this is a beginner weaving class and requires no previous experience.
*If you do not finish your weaving within the class time, you can book extra weaving hours for 25$/h.
This class is a 2 day workshop
Contact us for availability of dates and times as they are flexible
**You can also pay by e-transfer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or cash at the studio a week before the scheduled class.
Students will receive a confirmation email a week before class. Please read our cancelation policy for details.