Tapestry Pillows - Floor Loom Weaving
- This is a one on one class and requires individual booking.
- It is a two day workshop made of a 4 hour class to set up and a 5 hour class to weave.
- Contact us for availability of dates and times as they are flexible
Make beautiful traditional tapestry pillows in this Intermediate class.
- Students will learn the basics of setting up their floor loom from warping to tie up.
- They will also learn the basics of weaving a traditional patterned tapestry pillow using a variety of techniques.
- The option to learn how to sew it as well in the class is available in the drop down menu.
- After the weaving class we will have an hour to sew the pillows. You will have to bring the backing fabric of your choice.
- Two pillows sizes will be 12” x 12”. (for custom sizes please email us)
- Students will be provided with 4/8 cotton yarn in a neutral cream colour for the warp and a variety of colours for their pillow designs.
Instructor: Johana Cordero
Prerequisite: Previous weaving experience is recommended as more complex techniques are explored in this class, however we are more than happy to guide you if this is your first project.
*If you do not finish your weaving within the class time, you can book extra weaving hours for 25$/h.
**You can also pay by e-transfer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or cash at the studio a week before the scheduled class.
Please read our cancelation policy for details.