Blanket/Shawl - Floor Loom Weaving
- This is a one on one class and requires individual booking.
- It is a three day workshop made of a 5 hour class to set up and two 3 hour classes to weave.
- Contact us for availability of dates and times as they are flexible
Make hand woven cozy blanket in this intermediate class.
- Students will learn the basics of setting up their floor loom from warping to tie up.
- They will learn the basics of plain weave and variation of twills to weave a textural and cozy blanket as well as finishing techniques.
- The final size of the blanket will be 40” W x 70” L
- Students will have to bring their own yarns to weave the blanket. (thick and strong worsted size yarn is recommended, specially for the warp. The weft can be more textural.)
- Yarn is available for purchase at the studio (cotton/wool neutrals), please inquire for available materials.
Instructor: Johana Cordero
Prerequisite: Some experience weaving is advised as this is a large complex project, however we are more than happy to guide you if this is your first project.
*If you do not finish your weaving within the class time, you can book extra weaving hours for 25$/h.
**You can also pay by e-transfer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or cash at the studio a week before the scheduled class.
Please read our cancelation policy for details.