Beginner Floor Loom Weaving - Rag Rug I
- This is a one on one class and requires individual booking.
- It is a two day workshop made of a 5 hour class to set up and a 4 hour class to weave.
- Contact us for availability of dates and times as they are flexible
Make a recycled woven Rag Rug
- Students will learn the basics of setting up their floor loom from warping to tie up.
- They will learn the basics of plain weave, a variation of twills, as well as finishing techniques for their project.
- Rag rug final size will be 24" W x 36" L
- Students will be provided with 4/8 cotton yarn in a neutral cream colour for the warp.
- Students will have to bring old clothing or linens to weave their project.
(Typically for a small rug, a twin size bed sheet is enough. Cloth can be cut into strips of 1/2"-1")
Instructor: Johana Cordero
Prerequisite: None, this is a beginner weaving class and requires no previous experience.
*If you do not finish your weaving within the class time, you can book extra weaving hours for 25$/h.
**You can also pay by e-transfer (email@example.com) or cash at the studio a week before the scheduled class.
Please read our cancelation policy for details.